Skip to main content

Where to Invest?


For investment decision making I always tried to learn more from Google. I went through a ton of articles in the vast sphere of investment. But I was not satisfied. Sometimes I decided to invest in stock trading, sometimes in my career, sometimes in some other things. I always felt distracted, I felt inconsistent .. etc.. etc.. a feel bad experience for me.

Being frustrated, I questioned myself,

"Well!! these may not be working out for me. I am lacking something. But what's that?"

I tried to dive deeper into the core of myself. And I found below data as output which may help you -

Reason for null and void output for any effort as input:

  1. I was not clear what I want? (Requirement gathering stage omitted)
  2. As there was no requirement, there was no plan and goal too. (Project planning missed)
  3. As there was no plan, the whole effort was scattered and had gone in vain by producing only some "feel bad" output as bugs. (No development plan)

And also I found below insights:

  1. Investing in money - may lead to financial freedom but if integration test of other domain of life failed, it will be a disaster and no continuity plan can save you.
  2. Investing in career/job/.... - may take care "Investing in money" and also produce some more in financial and some other aspects but still, integration test will tell you about the output.
  3. Investing in family/society/... - may take care "Investing in career/job/...." which eventually may take care "Investing in money" too but again look for integration test.
  4. Investing in Yourself - may take care of any other investment and also can produce such a great output which you just cannot imagine. Isn't it?

Thank you, investors.

Comments

  1. I follow the hedge funds. SEC allows to type and search. First discover who the largest hedge funds are, then find out their holdings, then find out their returns and this might take some of your own effort by researching their data, then find the correlation between those hedge funds and the companies they invest in and brainstorm why they are interested (it’s not always just about money; it’s about control and influence) then research their track record with the public. For instance, I could care less about George Soros (nothing personal) but I do know he has power, influence and money. I also know he recently invested billions into a high yield dividend stock. I’m sure there are others like him out there I just haven’t “found” it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Steps to Build a Strong Brand for Startups

Branding is the most important theme for a startup company. You have two option for your startup: Either make your company's brand. Or break your business. Right? But yes of course making brand is not that much easy. It requires too much effort, tremendous perseverance, Customer oriented vision and relentless hard work. But once you completed building your brand it's too much easy to carry on. Then things work in a non-linear fashion. And to set up your startup's brand you need to follow certain techniques and steps which I will discuss now. Step#1: Choose your brand's name: I have done several researches on this to determine whether a unique and catchy name is most important or any name is okay to build your reputation as a brand. And I found that though the unique and catchy name has some attraction, it's not that much important factor to build your brand. But of course I will recommend you to choose your name mindfully and choose at least 6-7 n

5 Should Be Goals of a Really Ambitious and Passionate Startup

Success rate in startups is too low which is a demotivating factor for the young entrepreneurs. So I was thinking how they can get rid of this fear of statistics backed failure. And they deserve it as they are mostly passionate and ambitious. But only being passionate and ambitious will not help you to achieve success as a startup founder. After diving deep into the core of my mind, I realized that following 5 things should be the goal of a really ambitious and passionate startup. Make platform or infrastructure not product: Don’t think about a product or particular service. That will not create long term revenue. Rather be mindful and think about some infrastructure or platform where people will give and take particular product or service. And then you can create big impact in the society. Successful Examples: Cloud, API, Google, Open Source, WordPress…….Aren't they?? Empower people: Don’t think about business – think about the empowerment of people. People i